Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Whooooo! My first Blog!

I decided that this was probably a better way for peopel to get to know what The Art of Zen.......Crochet is all about.
So here's my little spiel......I have been crocheting for over 14 years now. I am a lefty, not left handed but a left handed crocheter. So if I were to ever be so bold as to write a sweater pattern, I would have to reverse everything, (well not everything, but at least the sleeves!) I love creating items, accessories in particular, that are made with eco friendly textiles, now I know some people have some different views on what that is, so I will tread lightly on this one. I believe in the 3 R's REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE. I believe in supporting those less fortunate than we are by purchasing supplies from fair trade, equal opportunity, fair wages/compensation, child labor free, etc. sellers. My favorite supplier is www.darngoodyarn.com
I love growing and do grow as much of my own food and sharing it with others.
Anyways, I will be posting more, but now it is time to get the kids off to school.
So here's to trying something new!

3 comments:

  1. Its great to see, especially as you are so busy with everything else. ;) Will be looking in from time to time keep up the good work.

    M.L.

    ReplyDelete