Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I made it thru my First Craft/Gift Fair!

Well, I made it thru Christmas Chaos.  I learned so much about selling my items.  My eco friendly fiber art was  a hit with both young and old alike.  My Step-Father aka Papa was a real estate agent and has done hoards of home shows, he gave me a few tips.   I am also including what I learned.  I hope this helps.
Stand up or use a stool that puts you on the same level as your customer.  I also sat/stood and crocheted at my table and this brought loads of interest.  I used a mannequin to display my items, I changed what my mannequin was wearing every 30-45 mins.  I also used my mannequin to show people how to wear the items I make.  SMILE!!!!  It draws people to you, I can't say how many people  were simply drawn to my table by my smiling at them.  Listen to the customer but remember you are there to sell not visit.  Deter people you know from just visiting with you at your table, this can deter customers.  Post some sheets with large Titles about what you do, many people will not read them but the Titles such as Hemp or Bamboo will be seen and draw them in.  Print out a business sized card with Large lettering on it that says Custom orders welcome.  Make tags easy to find.  People almost always look at the price first.  If you can have 2 people working your table, do so.  I found that if some one is taking a lot of my time and humming and hawwing about the sale, and you have someone else waiting.  Politely say your partner is going to assist them and help another customer.  Sometimes this gives them the push they need to make a decision. It can also redirect their attention to what they want.    Be kind, be courteous, be polite.  I hope you find this info useful.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment