Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Well, Christmas season has come to pass, and thankfully my loved ones are all healthy and happy. 
I am posting my New Years Resolution here.  I generally don't do them, but this year its about my business and the people and planet it affects.  So, here goes......

I am resolving to to choose to use as much recycled fiber and notions in my fiber art I am capable.  I hit the thrift store yesterday and found an abundance of sweaters to pull apart and use to make items to sell.  I have also found a use for the recycled t shirt yarn!!


I could not be more pleased with the results.  Do not be afraid to experiment.  I listed one of the hats on Etsy and the others will go to the local shop where I am consigning.   I have some lovely yarn from the sweaters I recycled, such as cashmere, lambswool/angora, cotton/modal/cashmere and much more.  

So here's to the New Year and success in my eco-business!

2 comments:

  1. Love the recycled sweater hat! Beautiful! Great job on your creativeness and New Year's eco-loyalty of using second hand sweaters.

    ReplyDelete