Friday, April 8, 2011

Cycling into Spring............

I know its still cold out and the ground is covered with snow in many places but Spring has definitely arrived here on the West Coast.
I have found myself designing some new fingerless mitts lately, using some of the hemp wool blend yarn I dyed this winter.  I am also incorporating some the buttons my husband made from fallen tree branches off of our property.  I love the character they give each piece.  He cuts and sands them, and I polish them with orange oil and bees wax. 

The hand dyed yarns are so fun to create with, I love mixing and matching leftovers from other projects to make one of a kind items.

I am also working hand crocheting little appliques like leaves and such to add to my woodland collection.  Its a great way to use up any little pieces.  


Spring is a time for renewal, for letting go of things that are holding you back and down.  This could be anything, poor eating habits, emotional baggage that is not longer serving you, bad behaviors.  Learning to take a step back from the situation, calm down often time our perspective changes so much.  I used to think it was just better to deal with things right away, this isn't true.  Its healthy to calm down and collect yourself.  Getting emotional about situations only complicates things and mars your perspective.  

“It isn’t what happens to us that causes us to suffer; it’s what we say to ourselves about what happens.” -Pema Chodron

I have been finding myself mindfully breathing a lot lately.  This puts me in the Present moment, not thinking about how I did this wrong, or what I could've said better...etc. At any given point I will stop my monkey mind by breathing in peace and then breathing peace back into the world.  This is so detoxifying.   

I have found myself rediscovering songs that so inspired me as a kid.  Here is one of my Favorites:

True Colors by Cyndi Lauper

You with the sad eyes
don't be discouraged
oh I realize
it's hard to take courage
in a world full of people
you can lose sight of it all
and the darkness inside you
can make you feel so small

But I see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
like a rainbow

Show me a smile then
don't be unhappy, can't remember
when I last saw you laughing
if this world makes you crazy
and you've taken all you can bear
you call me up
because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
like a rainbow

Namaste,
Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment